- Job type
- Permanent (full time)
- Based in
- Singapore (Singapore)
Come join us, and shape the future of the insurance industry!
ReMark is a global insurance consultancy helping insurers worldwide grow sustainably. Part of the SCOR Group, we specialise in data intelligence, marketing and technology solutions. Since 1984, we’ve reached over 1 billion people, ran over 12,000 campaigns and underwrite over 1 million policies each year. We’re a team of over 250 employees from 33 nationalities and 17 offices worldwide. Our clients include over 500 insurers, and we’re also partnering outside the industry with Garmin, local government, universities and more. Our vision is to transform the insurance industry, and we also believe in making products that have a sustainable impact on people's health and wellness.
As Senior Data Engineer you are:
- A key contributor to enabling projects requiring data engineering expertise to meet business needs in APAC.
- You will play an essential role to develop and maintain the data foundation for our digital solutions, including health and wellness mobile applications, underwriting engines, MarTech platforms, insurance systems and many more.
- You will work closely with business leads, developers, data scientists, and various other parties to architect and implement solutions using a myriad of cutting-edge technologies, tools, and cloud services.
- Reporting to the Head of Insurance Innovation.
- Build efficient data pipelines across multiple endpoints that support a variety of data types and formats while following established development and security best practices.
- Assess existing data architecture and identify issues or opportunities for improvement. Recommend data architecture for new projects.
- Recommend, design, and implement solutions/components to address identified issues.
- Working with Event data, unstructured data, and related technology such as NoSQL and document databases.
- Define, oversee, and maintain platforms, tools, and best practices that enable specific projects and improve the overall framework
- Utilize cloud services to improve end-to-end data pipeline performance, availability, and security.
- Communicate and work directly with internal stakeholders to develop critical data solutions, make data-driven decisions, and achieve key business goals.
- Collaborate with the project team to develop reliable, cost-effective, and high-quality solutions and provide timely communications around project progress and issue resolutions.
- Provide mentorship and train peers on standards around data engineering best practices, including documentation.
- More than 7 years data engineering experience with at least 2 years of data architecture exposure.
- Solid understanding of SQL and experience working with relational databases and data warehouses.
- Extensive experience with modern ELT/ETL tools and frameworks.
- Ability to explore and assess new tools and technologies as needs be, including creating and demonstrating proof-of-concepts.
- Proficient in at least one cloud technology stack with a focus on services that relate to data engineering, such as:
- Azure (e.g. SQL/PostgreSQL Database, CosmosDB, Blob/Data Lake Storage, DMS, Data Factory, Synapse, Functions, VMs, Container Apps).
- AWS (e.g. RDS, Aurora, S3, EMR, DynamoDB, DMS, Glue, Athena, Redshift, Lambda, EC2, ECS Fargate).
- Strong written and verbal communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical audiences.
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken). Good/native knowledge of Chinese or Japanese is a plus.
Required Education/Work Experience
- Experience handling sensitive data (e.g. PII) and deploying solutions to maintain data privacy and security.
- Experience in Big Data/distributed data processing (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Flink).
- Expertise in at least one programming language (Python preferred, Golang, Scala, Java, etc.).
- Good understanding of NoSQL database types and implementations (i.e.. document, key-value, column, graph).
- Experience working with various data types and formats, both structured and unstructured (e.g. JSON, XML, text, Excel, csv, parquet, etc.).
- Ability to design, lead, implement, and support data engineering projects with minimal oversight.
- Understanding of version control (e.g. GitLab, GitHub, BitBucket).
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- DevOps and/or CloudOps experience with the ability to design and develop CI/CD pipelines and establish deployment best practices.
- Software engineering background with a good understanding of application development, Python preferred.
- Any domain knowledge on mobile application management is a bonus.
- Experience working with and building data visualizations.
- Ability to build streaming data pipelines is a bonus.
What we offer
- Working in a global, entrepreneurial ‘start-up’ environment.
- Rare exposure in setting up digital insurer.
- APAC focus, Supporting North Asia and Southeast Asia.
- Working in a highly collaborative team with an open culture.
- Great career progress potential, as we are expanding.
- Competitive Salary.
- Private insurance plan.
- Training & professional development opportunities.
The company working language is English. All ReMark employees should speak, read and write English to a sufficient level in order to communicate and operate effectively in the organization.