- Job type
- Full time (Permanent)
- Based in
- Rotterdam (The Netherlands)
Come join us, and shape the future of the insurance industry!
ReMark is a global insurance consultancy helping insurers worldwide grow sustainably. Part of the SCOR Group, we specialise in data intelligence, marketing and technology solutions. Since 1984, we’ve reached over 1 billion people, ran over 12,000 campaigns and underwrite over 1 million policies each year. We’re a team of over 250 employees from 33 nationalities and 17 offices worldwide. Our clients include over 500 insurers, and we’re also partnering outside the industry with Garmin, local government, universities and more. Our vision is to transform the insurance industry, and we also believe in making products that have a sustainable impact on people's health and wellness.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will work closely with ReMark’s Data Community to identify key business questions, design ML/AI solutions, and drive data-driven insights to improve business performance.
Reporting to the Head of Data Analytics, this role is responsible for the following:
- Developing advanced statistical, predictive, or machine learning models using deep knowledge of the algorithms and hyperparameters, and systematically applying coding best practices.
- Having a high degree of autonomy when developing models and determining the appropriateness of a given approach.
- Contributing to the design, build, and maintenance of a global infrastructure to support the data strategy behind ReMark’s digital product ecosystem, ensuring data quality and integrity.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify business challenges, develop solutions, and provide insights.
- Communicating findings and recommendations to internal and external senior management through visualizations and presentations.
- Staying up-to-date with emerging trends in data analytics and provide guidance on potential new technologies.
- Adhering to all Information Security policies and best practices, including security awareness training and other information protection initiatives. Maintain compliance with GDPR and other local data protection legislation.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory and reputational risk when developing consumer-facing AI tools and suggest mitigation strategies.
- Fantastic data analytics abilities.
- Experienced in data science with solid programming capabilities and knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques.
- Experienced with data science tools, packages, platforms, and programming languages (Python preferred, Databricks or similar).
- Strong understanding of version control tools like GitHub, GitLab and BitBucket.
- Experienced with cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Looker).
- Proficient with ML industrialization (Docker basics, CICD basics).
- Experience navigating data protection and privacy regulations in Europe (GDPR).
- Experience handling sensitive data (e.g. PII) and deploying solutions to maintain data privacy and security.
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Personal competencies/Nice to have
- Familiar with agile project management.
- Experience in the (re)insurance industry is preferred but not required.
- Actuarial experience preferred but not required.
Required education/Work experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics).
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- 3+ years of experience in data science, with a proven track record of developing and deploying models for successful projects.
What we offer
- Be part of an international culture with Tech and Marketing specialists.
- Medical allowance.
- Pension plan.
- Remuneration Policy.
- Green Policy.
- Learning and development courses.
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment.
- Share and learn with a passionate international community.
- Evolve in a start-up mentality.
The company working language is English. All ReMark employees should speak, read and write English to a sufficient level in order to communicate and operate effectively in the organization.