Senior Cloud Programmer
- Job type
- Permanent (full time)
- Based in
- Hong Kong (SAR China)
Come join us, and shape the future of the insurance industry!
ReMark is a global insurance consultancy helping insurers worldwide grow sustainably. Part of the SCOR Group, we specialise in data intelligence, marketing and technology solutions. Since 1984, we’ve reached over 1 billion people, ran over 12,000 campaigns and underwrite over 1 million policies each year. We’re a team of over 250 employees from 33 nationalities and 17 offices worldwide. Our clients include over 500 insurers, and we’re also partnering outside the industry with Garmin, local government, universities and more. Our vision is to transform the insurance industry, and we also believe in making products that have a sustainable impact on people's health and wellness.
As Senior Cloud Programmer, MS Azure you will play an essential role in growing ReMark’s Malaysia business portfolio. In a highly competitive environment, you will be working with a global team to cut through the noise and shape an attractive brand online.
Reporting to the Director, RaPID, the Senior Cloud Programmer, MS Azure is responsible for the following:
- Work with RaPID team to understand what RaPID functions should be migrated to MS Azure environment.
- Documents the functional specifications of the program.
- Programming codes which can be run on MS Azure environment.
- Migrate RaPID from running on a VM version to a Cloud-native version in MS Azure environment.
- Working closely with RaPID team to understand what RaPID functionalities are required to be migrated to MS Azure.
- Migrate RaPID from running on a VM version to a Cloud-native version in an MS Azure environment.
- Working closely with RaPID team to understand what RaPID functionalities required to be migrated to MS Azure.
- Development progress needs to be on track.
- Liaise with the application team and infrastructure team to build and manage cloud platforms to enable software development.
- Conduct integration, automation, and operation support to a cloud platform.
- Assist in system deployment, roll-out, and tier 2 operation support.
- System troubleshooting and working with the application team for bug fixing.
- Assists in trouble-shoot and solving production issues in Microsoft platform.
- Prepare and manage technical documentation.
- Message Queue development.
o Prepare functional specifications for RaPID functions.
o Prepare procedure manual for RaPID deployment in MS Azure environment.
- Prepare technical documents on what development tools, services, and methods will be required in MS Azure environment.
- MS Azure, SQL Server and SQL Azure are a must.
- Update-to-date Java Script technology, Visual Studio C#/VB, .NET Framework, .NET Core.
- Familiar with DevOps principles and infrastructure.
- Proven experience in an Agile working environment.
- Knowledge and Implementation of SaaS and PaaS.
- Message Queue knowledges.
- Proficiency in O365 tools, Microsoft Suite, and social media.
- Fantastic creative abilities.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects in a complex, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
Personal competencies/Nice to have
- Experience in Google Cloud development is an advantage.
- Insurance background is an advantage.
- A real openness to the world. The Middle Office team is global, you will be curious to explore and have the desire to conceive, develop and implement innovative ideas.
- A healthy knowledge of news & current affairs especially in the topic of technology, data governance, health & wellness, financial sector, insurance, and consumer behaviours.
- Excellent understanding of content formats, communication channels, and audience engagement in ReMark key global markets.
Required education/Work experience
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Computer Science / Information Technology or other related disciplines.
- At least 3 years of experience in an Azure Cloud platform support, preferably with Microsoft operation support experience.
- Ability to speak, read and write English to a sufficient level in order to communicate and operate effectively in the organization.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Private insurance/MPF plan
- Training & professional development opportunities
- Working in a global, entrepreneurial ‘start-up’ environment within the established SCOR Group
The company working language is English. All ReMark employees should speak, read and write English to a sufficient level in order to communicate and operate effectively in the organization.