- Job type
- Permanent (full time)
- Based in
- Singapore (Singapore)
Come join us, and shape the future of the insurance industry!
ReMark is a global insurance consultancy helping insurers worldwide grow sustainably. Part of the SCOR Group, we specialise in data intelligence, marketing and technology solutions. Since 1984, we’ve reached over 1 billion people, ran over 12,000 campaigns and underwrite over 1 million policies each year. We’re a team of over 250 employees from 33 nationalities and 17 offices worldwide. Our clients include over 500 insurers, and we’re also partnering outside the industry with Garmin, local government, universities and more. Our vision is to transform the insurance industry, and we also believe in making products that have a sustainable impact on people's health and wellness.
As Director, Underwriting & Claims you will:
- Play an essential role in growing ReMark’s Singapore business portfolio.
- In a highly competitive environment, you will be working with a global team to cut through the noise and shape an attractive brand online.
Ruleset Design & Maintenance
- Develop ruleset designing, adaptation and decision trees for Velogica clients.
- Maintain rulesets to be both scalable and robust.
- Support the Velogica Asia new business development initiatives and RFP process.
- Gain in-depth understanding of underwriting practices in local markets in Asia region.
- Support the project team to translate and localize Velogica into key local languages in Asia region alongside SCOR Global Life’s local teams.
Key Stakeholder Reporting
- Provide relevant and regular Velogica project updates to key stakeholders internally and externally.
- A prior experience in designing interactive underwriting questions for automated underwriting engines and in development of new and advanced underwriting systems.
- A client-focused approach, with experience consulting with key stakeholders such as customers, client managers, actuaries, marketing, distribution, and technology specialists.
- A strong Asia market insight and knowledge of the auto underwriting landscape.
In addition to fantastic creative abilities, you will have:
- An excellent understanding of content formats, communication channels and audience engagement in ReMark key global markets.
- A healthy knowledge of news & current affairs especially in the topic of technology, data governance, health & wellness, financial sector, insurance, and consumer behavior.
- A real openness to the world. The Front Office team is global, you will be curious to explore and have the desire to conceive, develop and implement innovative ideas.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects in a complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment.
Required Education/Work Experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in medical and non-medical underwriting of all major life & health products in Asia.
- A direct experience in auto underwriting and a thorough understanding of the reinsurance service model.
- Outstanding communication skills, positive energy, and can do attitude.
- Strong project management skills and understanding of the importance in organization and prioritising.
- Solution-driven, highly motivated, taking ownership of multiple projects and their deliverables.
- High standard of quality; high concentration and attention to detail and strong documentation skills.
- Strong team orientation, experienced in working with teams from diverse backgrounds and markets.
- Proactively seeks new ways of delivering better quality, cost, and process.
- A Bachelor degree and relevant Life Insurance Underwriting qualification.
- Asian language proficiency is an advantage (Chinese preferred)
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Private insurance plan
- Training & professional development opportunities
- Working in a global, entrepreneurial ‘start-up’ environment within the established SCOR Group
The company working language is English. All ReMark employees should speak, read and write English to a sufficient level in order to communicate and operate effectively in the organization.