- Job type
- Permanent (full time)
- Based in
- Beijing (China)
Come join us, and shape the future of the insurance industry!
ReMark is a global insurance consultancy helping insurers worldwide grow sustainably. Part of the SCOR Group, we specialise in data intelligence, marketing and technology solutions. Since 1984, we’ve reached over 1 billion people, ran over 12,000 campaigns and underwrite over 1 million policies each year. We’re a team of over 250 employees from 33 nationalities and 17 offices worldwide. Our clients include over 500 insurers, and we’re also partnering outside the industry with Garmin, local government, universities and more. Our vision is to transform the insurance industry, and we also believe in making products that have a sustainable impact on people's health and wellness.
As Legal Counsel, you will play an essential role in growing ReMark’s APAC business portfolio. In a highly competitive environment, you will be working with a global team to cut through the noise and shape an attractive brand online.
Reporting to Senior Counsel APAC, the Legal Counsel is responsible for the following:
General legal matters
- Assist ReMark Legal Department in addressing and resolving legal risks to SCOR/ReMark Group.
- Independently provide legal support to business units in APAC, particularly China.
- Draft, and review contracts, and support contractual negotiations for APAC business matters (IT, IP, data protection and other disciplines).
- Independently research, investigate, draft, prepare, file, organise and distribute legal documents.
- Collaborate with business and internal stakeholders.
- Communicate and coordinate with SCOR/ReMark Group in-house lawyers, company managers and related departments, clients and/or outside counsel/agencies as necessary.
- Assist in the selection of the external counsel and manage external counsel as needed.
- Provide legal support and advice in relation to deals being transacted by the SCOR/ReMark Group, manage disputes as necessary.
Corporate secretarial matters
- Support corporate secretarial matters for APAC entities particularly China, where necessary.
Legal and regulatory compliance
- Provide advice, assessment, guidance, and support on legal and regulatory compliance and ethical conduct of business activities including regulatory issues, sanctions, anti-money laundering and terrorism financing, anti-bribery, anti-fraud, conflicts of interest, data protection and privacy, anti-trust and competition, reputational risks, and ethics,
- Assist with ReMark Group compliance structure and coordinate as necessary for the implementation of SCOR Group policies.
- Excellent in-depth knowledge of PRC laws especially in IT, IP, and data protection disciplines.
- Capability to provide commercial, practical, and sound legal advice.
- Effective team player.
- Good organisational, prioritisation, and time-management skills.
- Good arbitration and mediation skills.
- Capability to devise proactive and defensive legal strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
- Willingness to travel from time to time.
Personal competencies/Nice to have
- Familiarity with insurtech solutions will be a plus.
- Corporate commercial experience from (re)insurance industry is strongly preferred.
Required education/Work experience
- Bachelor of Laws or equivalent qualifications.
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience in a legal role in reputable laws firms and/or MNCs.
- Proficiency in English (both written and spoken).
- Proficiency in Mandarin (both written and spoken).
- Proficiency in O365 tools, Microsoft suite and social media.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary.
- Private insurance/pension plan.
- Training & professional development opportunities.
- Sustainable & single-use plastic free office environment.
- Working in a global, entrepreneurial ‘start-up’ environment within the established SCOR Group.
The company working language is English. All ReMark employees should speak, read and write English to a sufficient level in order to communicate and operate effectively in the organization.