- Job type
- Permanent (full time)
- Based in
- Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
Come join us, and shape the future of the insurance industry!
ReMark is a global insurance consultancy helping insurers worldwide grow sustainably. Part of the SCOR Group, we specialise in data intelligence, marketing and technology solutions. Since 1984, we’ve reached over 1 billion people, ran over 12,000 campaigns and underwrite over 1 million policies each year. We’re a team of over 250 employees from 33 nationalities and 17 offices worldwide. Our clients include over 500 insurers, and we’re also partnering outside the industry with Garmin, local government, universities and more. Our vision is to transform the insurance industry, and we also believe in making products that have a sustainable impact on people's health and wellness.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are responsible:
- For provisioning infrastructure, deploying, and troubleshooting solutions on our multi-cloud platform, educating development teams on onboarding their solutions on the platform, and ensuring the security of our cloud platform.
- You will become part of a global team of cloud engineers that strives to be on the cutting edge of cloud innovations.
- Provision cloud environments as a service (Kubernetes clusters, PaaS components).
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Troubleshoot infrastructure-related and technical deployments incidents.
- Support the development teams in building their applications (CI/CD pipeline integration).
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design.
- Monitor costs.
- Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues in our multi-national team and global stakeholders.
- Keep organized on tools such as Confluence to ensure business continuity.
- Receive, process and document feedback from stakeholders and development teams to continuously improve our infrastructure.
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a DevOps Engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes architecture and operations including deployment patterns, container runtime interfaces, and maintenance (such as patches and upgrades).
- Strong expertise in DevOps and CI/CD pipeline automation, including experience with source, artifact, orchestration, configuration, and secret management.
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning best practices with infrastructure-as-code with at least one solution (Terraform, Ansible, Chef and/or Crossplane) and/or GitOps practices.
- No problem expressing yourself in professional and technical English in writing and speaking.
- Strong analytical skills and know how to identify risks and opportunities.
- Experience with security and compliance-related challenges.
- Knowledge of working using Agile/Scrum principles.
- Are an effective team player.
- Are an effective communicator.
- Are an Innovative thinker.
- Relate to core values.
- Take charge of self-development and self-awareness.
- Understand the importance of compliance with corporate policy.
- Recognize opportunities and initiate actions to capitalize on them. Look for new and productive ways to make an impact.
- Produce clear, complete, and professional forms of communication in writing that meet the needs of the intended audience.
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills, Initiative, self-confidence, strong team player.
Required Education/Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or mathematics.
- Minimal three (3) years of experience in public cloud container services with at least one of the major cloud providers (Azure, AWS and/or GCP).
- Azure, AWS, and GCP certifications preferred.
Nice to have
- Experience with various PaaS components offered by GCP, AWS and/or Azure.
- Experience with AliCloud/Aliyun.
What we offer
- Great Company Culture
- Competitive Salary
- Private Company pension plan
- Flexible remote-work policy
- Training & professional development opportunities
- Sustainable & single-use plastic-free office environment
- Working in a global, entrepreneurial ‘start-up’ environment within the established SCOR Group
The company working language is English. All ReMark employees should speak, read and write English to a sufficient level in order to communicate and operate effectively in the organization.