- Job type
- Permanent (full time)
- Based in
- Rotterdam (The Netherlands)
Come join us, and shape the future of the insurance industry!
ReMark is a global insurance consultancy helping insurers worldwide grow sustainably. Part of the SCOR Group, we specialise in data intelligence, marketing and technology solutions. Since 1984, we’ve reached over 1 billion people, ran over 12,000 campaigns and underwrite over 1 million policies each year. We’re a team of over 250 employees from 33 nationalities and 17 offices worldwide. Our clients include over 500 insurers, and we’re also partnering outside the industry with Garmin, local government, universities and more. Our vision is to transform the insurance industry, and we also believe in making products that have a sustainable impact on people's health and wellness.
As a Cloud Engineer, you are responsible:
- For developing, optimizing, and maintaining our multi-cloud platform that facilitates infrastructure provisioning and deployment of our solutions.
- You will become part of a global team of Cloud Engineers that strives to be on the cutting edge of cloud innovations.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain modular cloud-based systems using cloud-native technologies such as Kubernetes
- Implement optimal cloud solutions for the platform to fulfill requirements set by the PO (architecture, storage & computer services, cost monitoring and optimization, and role management)
- Identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues
- Audit cloud infrastructure and make continuous recommendations for improvements
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify improvements/extensions needed for our multi-cloud platform
- Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues in our multi-national team and global stakeholders
- Keep organized on tools such as Confluence to ensure business continuity.
- Receive, process, and document feedback from stakeholders and development teams to continuously improve our infrastructure.
- Experience with container technologies like Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes on topics such as:
- Ability to manage application deployment on a K8S platform (pods, worker nodes, node selector, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of routing network traffic and network security with K8S
- In-depth knowledge of available provisioning storage options and limits (persistent storage)
- In-depth knowledge of Kube security and security mechanisms available for security between containers, pods, and the Kubernetes cluster
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes High Availability (auto-scaling, probes, load balancing)
- Experience in securing cloud applications (certificate management, HTTPS security, OAuth2 authentication, credential management)
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning best practices with infrastructure-as-code
- Experience with tooling around CI/CD
- No problem expressing yourself in professional and technical English in writing and speaking
- Strong analytical skills and know how to identify risks and opportunities.
- Experience with security and compliance-related challenges
- Knowledge of working using Agile/Scrum-principles
- Are an effective team player
- Are an effective communicator
- Are an Innovative thinker
- Relate to core values
- Take charge of self-development and self-awareness
- Understand the importance of compliance with corporate policy
- Recognize opportunities and initiate actions to capitalize on them. Look for new and productive ways to make an impact
- Produce clear, complete, and professional forms of communication in writing that meet the needs of the intended audience
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills; Initiative, self-confidence, strong team player
Required Education/Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or mathematics
- Minimal five (5) years of experience as a Cloud Engineer or similar role with at least one of the major cloud providers (Azure, AWS and/or GCP)
- Azure, AWS, and GCP certifications preferred
Nice to have
- Experience with various PaaS components offered by GCP, AWS and/or Azure
- Experience with AliCloud/Aliyun
What we offer
- Great Company Culture
- Competitive Salary
- Private Company pension plan
- Flexible remote-work policy
- Training & professional development opportunities
- Sustainable & single-use plastic-free office environment
- Working in a global, entrepreneurial ‘start-up’ environment within the established SCOR Group
The company working language is English. All ReMark employees should speak, read and write English to a sufficient level in order to communicate and operate effectively in the organization.